Oliver Jacobs, Mindfulness in Action Coach (Linkedin)
“I started my career as a stockbroker fascinated by the fast-paced world of finance and yes, the money. However, feeling rather limited by the possibilities for growth, connection and meaning I embarked on long and at times difficult journey of reconsidering who I am and what my real work is in the world. I now love supporting others on such journeys and witnessing the transformative effects of deep inquiry.”
Oli began his career as a stockbroker in a boutique investment house, trading and investing for high-net worth individuals and FTSE companies. Sensing deeper stirrings and possibilities he quit the world of finance in 2007 to study and practice cutting-edge approaches to individual, team, organisational and societal transformation.
Since he has gained an MBA (Distinction) in Corporate Social Responsibility, lead research into 21st Century leadership practice through Developmental Action Inquiry (in association with Bill Torbert, Harthill Consulting, BT, the University of Birkbeck and the Wiltshire Probation Trust) and held senior positions at top NGOs and charities with assignments including leading an organisation change programme for Save the Children International spanning 54 countries, the transformation of a children’s charity in Indonesia and delivering innovative Corporate Social Responsibility programmes for Everything Everywhere, Sony, BMW and the Cabinet Office.
Currently, he balances his time between leading mental well-being services across West London as part of the government’s Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme and supporting people for all walks of life in developing Mindfulness in Action.
Oli is based in the UK.
- Over 12 years industry experience in senior positions across the financial services, international development, charity and public health sectors
- Worked as an independent coach, facilitator, trainer and consultant in the corporate and not-for-profit sectors across the globe since 2012
- MBA (Distinction) in CSR
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
- Qualified coach with the Coaches Training Institute
- Certified in Mindfulness-Based Core Process Psychotherapy
- Experienced practitioner in:
- Integral Life Practice
- U Process
- Developmental Action Inquiry
- The Diamond Approach to psycho-spiritual development
- Systems thinking
- I have kept a daily mindfulness meditation practice for the past 15 years practising both traditional and contemporary approaches to mindfulness